APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION FORMS
Nursing education and practice provide a frame of reference for the nursing education programs in the country in preparing safe nurse practitioners that will function effectively and competently as members of the health care team within the dynamic health care delivery system of Swaziland. The purposes of standards of nursing education are to:
· To provide a frame of reference for the nursing education programs in the country in preparing safe and competent nurse practitioners who will function effectively as members of the health care team.
· To ensure the success of Nursing education programs in achieving health outcomes and expectations of the profession and the community.
· To foster continuing improvements in nursing education and hence professional practice.
· To ensure nursing education programs are appropriate and adequate in preparing nurses.
· To assess the extent to which educational programs meet accreditation requirements as laid down by the regulatory authority ( SNC, Senate of Universitiesand Institutional Boards)
Nursing practice standards are to provide a guide to nursing practice in ensuring that nurses provide and promote safe, competent and ethical manner.. Standards serve as a measure against which performance is measured. Practice standards